Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oasis back in action

I am so happy to say that my life as I know it here in Kitale is back. The last week or so has been kind of quiet with Oasis being closed. Yesterday was the first day it was back open and I have never been so happy in my life to get out of the house. Even though 52 out of the 100 or so kids that attend Oasis are back in school and will not be there, I was happy to be there non the less. I have been able to hang out with my favorite girls of Kitale, which are, the shimo girls, Taresa, Brenda, and our new favorite little sister Ester. She is adorable. Also being able to hang out with my good friend Morgan and Kamou is awesome. Today both of them walked with me into town as we did some last minute school supply shopping for Sammy.

Things have been pretty crazy since school has started. Alsion and Daina must be exhausted from running back and forth from town to home, to Oasis, back to town, back home, then to one of the 7 different schools that the kids from Oasis attend. They have truly been serving these kids with a giving heart.

I am sad that I only have 2 weeks left here with these kids. I am really going to miss them. I am praying that the Lord really blesses these 2 weeks and really motivates me to go the extra mile with the kids. I am really worried about my friend Samuel who lives on the street. He has not been back to Oasis since December 23rd. I am praying he is OK. Would you please put him in your prayers and ask God to lead him back to Oasis.

2 comments:

DeVonna Drey said...

I will put him on our church prayer list today...love you Andrew...so proud of you...Mom

Steve Rutenbar said...

Two weeks is a long time and a blink of the eye.
I'm proud of your choice to go to Kitale, Andrew and pray that your last days are productive and memorable.
Pastor Steve